Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Few Of My Older Creations For Candies

These are some of my older creations for Candies.

This is a nightie I made for reproduction Candy. I called this set "A-La Victoria's Secret 'Baby Doll' ", and used Victoria's Secret "Baby Doll" nightie as inspiration. The doll, whose name is Sunny, wore this set as well as the oufit below (also made by me) for St. Valentine's Day.























I made this leather jacket, complete with pockets, out of the jacket my toddler had outgrown. The little tiger cub that used to be on the original jacket's front was sewn into the doll's jacket back.







This is a dress I made for the same doll for Easter/spring, and it can also be seen in Easter doll group pictures on the post about Bonnie Bride and Candy comparrison.












***



These are the outfits and shoes I made for vintage Candy, whom I named after my best friend Amber.

The evening gown, purse and shoes







Spring/Easter dress (it can also be seen on the post about Bonnie Bride's comparrison to Candy dolls). The shoes and the hat are also made by me.





Amber in her Easter dress enjoying a beautiful day in a blackberry patch.

8 comments:

  1. I love the leather jacket! Where did you get the shoe bases for vintage Candy? They fit her feet very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliment, especially to the shoes, because I made them totally myself. I used corks from wine bottles for the heels, but had to cut and shape them to adjust to the doll's heel rise, etc., then painted them.

      Delete
  2. I do like your idea using corks for heels. The leather jacket is my favorite too. Did you make the jeans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Yes, I did make those jeans, but the fabric was so thick it was hard to work with, so next time I'll have to get thinner denim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beautiful. Thank you for making the dress for my daughter's doll. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, and you are very welcome!

      Delete
    2. What wonderful inventive costumes! It is very difficult to choose a favourite, but it would have to be the leather jacket. Are you planning on making any more outfits?

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Eileen! These dolls have such great figure, it is hard not to want to keep making things for them.

      Delete