Saturday, April 28, 2012

Meet Dixie – Candy Fashion Reproduction Doll from “The Starlet Collection”






This is the newest resident of my “Candy Land”. I named her Dixie, and she is a brunette with brown eyes Candy doll by Charisma Brands, and comes with “The Starlet Collection” wardrobe. I believe she is the latest of Charisma’s Candies, and I have to admit, the quality seems to be betting better and better. My one and only complaint about Charisma’s Candies is the boots, as they are quite difficult to put on, and you better watch out for the stockings which can be torn at the toes while the boots are being pulled on over them. Other than that, the outfits and the doll are splendid. Here’s what Charisma Brands say about their “Starlet” Candy: “Representing a few of the most memorable costumes in film. Dressed in Movie Premiere – a white polyblend halter dress with pin pleating and highlighted with long white evening gloves and high heels. Two additional costumes include: (1) Awards Ceremony, a stunning clingy black evening gown, wrap, a faux pearl necklace, black gloves and pumps and (2) Hollywood Glamour, a gold sleeveless turtle neck dress, leopard print coat and black go-go boots.”




And here are some of my own pictures of this gorgeous doll with her three fabulous outfits.




“Movie Premiere” dress, very Marilyn Monroe. I decided to put the necklace in her hair for the “Princess Tag Game” on Flickr, hence the background in the first picture.


















“Hollywood Glamour” is another stunning outfit, and looks beautiful with or without the coat.





And last but not least “Awards Ceremony” . An Audrey Hepburn style dress, another fantastic dress to conclude this incredible collection.





"The Starlet Collection" is so pretty, I’ll have a hard time redressing this doll. However, she can’t go in formal attire every day of the life, wink-wink, and will have to let her hair down sometimes and mingle with my other Candies lol.

8 comments:

  1. I love your new doll, she has such a pretty face. Her costumes are very glamorous, and the first one, the white dress, is very similar to the one Marilyn Monroe wore in that famous scene from "Seven Year Itch." Is the necklace she is wearing another one of your creations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white dress is my favourite too, but I love it how she posed in the picture with the "Hollywood Glamour" outfit. It looks like she is posing for a magazine. The necklace in the pic came with the doll. Isn't it pretty?!

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a doll! WHAT A DOLL!!! Each and every outit is a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo, Charisma did a really good job on this doll's wardrobe.

      Delete
  3. Hi Natalie! Just found this site, I will add you on to my side bar and follow you! Pretty dolls!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rayanne! Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. I always wanted a Candy Fashion Doll. I used to watch her in awe at the Grand Union Supermarket in 37th avenue and Flagler in Miami. Then after years passed, I bought the set (mib) in an antiques and collectibles doll show for only $35. I took such good care of that doll, planning to leave it to my kids along with my high heeled Alexanders and antique dolls but lost my collection due to circumstances. But hopefully, I will be able to get my collection together again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you'll get a new collection started again soon.

      Delete