Saturday, June 9, 2012

New Projects

It's been a few weeks since I posted here. Been busy with a number of projects and activities. I've also fallen in love with another type of doll, a modern doll, which has recently been discontinued - Liv by Spin Master. My son had a bookcase he was no longer using and it'd been collecting dust in his room. I'd been eyeing it for a long time measuring it up for a dollhouse, but it was too small for 18-22 inch Candies, yet perfect for Liv. So building this dollhouse is yet another project added to my long "to do" list.
"Work in progress" photos are being updated periodically on my Flickr page here:
WIP House Of Liv
You can see my collection of Liv on Flickr as well, here:
My Liv Collection

Going back to Candies, my dolls now have two lovely chairs, both miniature reproductions of their full size cousins. Until my dream of a house for Candies comes true, a nice sitting diorama is more feasible in the near future. Here's a pic of the two chairs. Nice, aren't they?













This is a picture I took of Amber sitting in the wing chair. It fits these dolls perfectly.


















I recently made this litte nautical dress for vintage Candies. I called the outfit "Pearly Shells"









This is a closeup of the jewelry ( "Sea Breeze" ) vintage Candy is wearing in the pictures above, but in the following photo the jewelry is modelled by my repro Candy, Dixie. Check out the pretty swirls inside the white bead. The blue beads resemble ice cubes, and the elongated beads have pearly finish.
I also sold a couple of more items. This is a swimming suit set ( "Fun In The Sun" ) that includes a two piece suit, wrap, hat and tote:







These are a couple of dresses I made from the same fabrics I used for the Easter outfits. Both came with the jewelry. The blue dress ( "Forget-me-nots" ) sold very quickly, the pink ( "Something Different" ) is available. Just let me know if interested. It, too, comes with the jewelry pictured. (candyfashionpassion@gmail.com)

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful pics! The outfits you made are all very impressive, and my favourite has to be the two piece swimsuit set. I love the sea view background. Great jewelry too, did you make them all yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen! Yes, I made the jewelry too. The swim suit went to a collector in New Zealand. Hope she likes it.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on successful sales, Natalie. I like the bathing suit too, especially how you did the picture with the doll on the beach. Did you use Photoshop? good luck with your dollhouse project. The chairs you found for Candies look like the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jo! Just heard from the customer in New Zealand, and she is pleased with the swim suit. My husband said he used Paint Shop Pro for the beach picture.

    ReplyDelete